What is Quest-2017?
It is an effort by all Departments of SVDPGC, to wipe out the opinion that the students belong to rural back ground are unaware or lacking about the developments in their concerned subjects.
Why Quest-2017 is planned?
Initiation of globalization at early 1990’s brought enormous changes in the higher education and employment scenario. But students from districts and rural background are ignorant of the skills desired for recruitments in MNC’s and for the higher education. It’s ironical that student’s fraternity is rich in academic knowledge and glaringly lacking current affairs & developments in their concerned fields.
Which Departments of SVDPGC are involved?
Below mentioned 14 departments
- Chemistry (UG)
- Chemistry (PG)
- Computer Science
What is pattern of Quest-2017?
10 -15 general questions will be displayed, which are concerned to the subject but not from the syllabus. It will be framed to know how extent students aware about their subjects.
What are the Example Questions of Quest-2017?
- Department of Biotechnology
- What is your vision or interest in choosing biotechnology as one of your major subject?
- List out the universities or colleges which are famous either in the state or outside which are offering the PG Courses.
- List out the equipments which are useful in biotechnology practical and their makes name.
- Department Of Commerce
- List out the major MNC’s with their CEO names
- Banking related questions
- Share Market Related questions
All the students of SVD & PG College only can participate.
Rules & Regulations
- Students can select any one of the combination subjects.
- The list of questions can be downloaded from the college site www.svdcmbnr.com from 8th September 2016.
- The last date for submission of the answers is 16th September 2016.
- Answer scripts will be evaluated by concerned departments and the best two papers will be awarded as First & Second prize winners.
- 14 first Prizes and 14 Second prizes will be announced Viz. two from each department. The decision of the departments concerned will be final. No further correspondence or discussions in this regard will be entertained.
- Students can collect the information (Answers) from multiple sources like Internet, Library, Reference books etc.
- The evaluation of answer scripts will be completed by 23-09-2016.
- Seminars will be conducted for the selected students from 26-09-2016 to 26-09-2016.
- The winners will be awarded prizes with a memento and certificate of appreciation in one of the functions to be conducted in the year 2016-17.
- The participants will also be given participation certificates.
- The best answers will be published in the college magazine and also uploaded in the college website along with the names of the participants.